Frequently Asked Questions
Are the trips safe?
The club endeavors to conduct its activities in a safe manner, yet there is always some risk when venturing into the outdoors. There are two main sources of risk: natural hazards, and group decision making.
- You may be injured from falling on uneven, steep, or slippery ground.
- You may be injured from falling rock in steep terrain.
- You may be injured from travel through thick brush.
- You may be injured from falling into fast moving or deep water.
- You may be injured from lightning or strong winds.
- You may be injured from hypothermia or frost bite.
- You may be injured in an avalanche.
- You may be injured by wildlife large or small (cougars, bacteria, etc).
- Our online waiver contains a more detailed list of hazards.
You can minimize risks of injury from natural hazards by:
- Wearing proper footwear and clothing suitable for the trip.
- Packing a useful personal first aid kit.
- Packing extra warm and water-proof clothing.
- Packing other items as suggested by the Trip Guidelines page.
- Choosing trips within your comfort zone. If new to the club start out on easier trips. Ask the trip leader about the trip if you are unsure.
- Acquire an attitude that some risk may add to the enjoyment of the trip.
Sometimes unforeseen decisions need to be made by the trip leader and/or the group about the route to take, whether to continue the trip or turn around, whether to split into smaller groups, etc. There is a risk these decisions will have a negative outcome. Our trip leaders are not professional guides, but are members who volunteer their time to further the goals of the club. You can help in these situations by offering your thoughts in a considerate manner, keeping in mind that the trip leader needs to think of the safety of the group as a whole.
Refer to ‘Pages’ on Meet Up. At the bottom of any Meetup web page there is a ‘Help’ link that will also provide assistance.
For further information on how these forms are addressed, and the CDMC resolution process, please refer to the document CDMC Resolution process
How to pay with Paypal
Follow the video link for instructions on how to process payment with Paypal with or without having a Paypal account. Payments can be made on the Membership tab of the web site, for Membership or one time payments (First aid, event fees, etc). For payment questions email firstname.lastname@example.org